We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin Late October Weather question

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Berlin Late October Weather question

We are planning a trip to Berlin. It will probably be in late October 2011. What temperatures high and low can be expect for the last week of October.

Thanks,

MSEm

Florida's west coast
Level Contributor
380 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Berlin Late October Weather question

If you are lucky they might have an "Indian Summer" but otherwise I'd be expecting 50's day - 40's nights. Could be rainy. No way to know whether it would be "upper" or "lower"s just depends on the weather patterns that year.

Either way I'd expect it to be quite chilly. Best bet is to be able to layer your clothing as needed. A silly but effective example is something like a t-shirt, putting on two of them makes a fair bit of difference (experienced in Iceland once when enroute from here to warm Spain and thus nothing warm to wear when it happened to be colder/windier there than is the norm).

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Berlin Late October Weather question

Thanks, temps will require a hat and maybe gloves.

I always prepare for rain. I prefer to tour a city, especially walking tours in cooler temperature and fewer tourist.

MSEm

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Berlin Late October Weather question

We were just there, and got along fine with a polarfleece jacket, a hat and gloves. To look really European, wear a scarf! It is a fashion must, and will keep you warm.

Jeans and tennis shoes are American looking, and the wearing of sweat pants isn't done. So wear dress pants (wool ones, if you want to stay warm perhaps?), and leather shoes or boots. Make sure they're comfortable because you'll be doing a lot of walking.

4. Re: Berlin Late October Weather question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 27, 2011