We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fussen, Freiberg, Heidelburg, Rotherburg

Earth
10 posts
Save Topic
Fussen, Freiberg, Heidelburg, Rotherburg

I plan to spend at least one day in Fussen (to see Neuschwanstein, of course), Freiberg, Heidelburg and Rotherburg before travelling to Berlin. My itinerary is pretty tight so I'm trying to figure out the most efficient and cost-effective way to travel into, and between, each of these places. I'll use a Eurail pass, and I'm travelling to the first place in each of the below options from Zurich.

A)

1: Fussen

2: Freiberg

3: Heidelburg

4: Rotherburg (then train to Berlin)

B)

1: Freiburg

2: Heidelburg

3: Rotherburg

4: Fussen, Munich (then fly to Berlin)

C)

1: Fussen

2: Rothernburg

3: Heidelburg

4: Freiburg (then train to Berlin)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fussen, Freiberg, Heidelburg, Rotherburg

Personally, i would opt for C. But IMO you'll be forced to be tearing along and you won't see much.

Consider at least skiping Freiburg and replace it with a similar town closer to your route, e.g. Ulm, Nuremberg or Wurzburg.

2. Re: Fussen, Freiberg, Heidelburg, Rotherburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 14, 2009