We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group tours of automotive facilities

Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Topic
Group tours of automotive facilities

Hi,

I'm a car guru and would love a guided multi day tour of various German automotive facilities. Does anyone know of providers offering tour groups that would visit the various facilities.

Any input is appreciated. I'm aware this is possible to do solo as well

3 replies to this topic
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group tours of automotive facilities

BMW certainly offer it, for groups of up to 30, in German or English. Needs to be booked well in advance though.

The Museum and BMW Welt are close by and can be included in tours, but those are fine to do independently in my opinion. The relatively new BMW Group Classic facility looks interesting but I’ve not experienced that yet myself.

Ah, I see you’re actually looking for a series of tours strung together. Sorry, don’t know of anyone doing that. Enough at BMW to fill up a day though and then you could travel to Stuttgart for Mercedes and Porsche.

Edited: 12:09 pm, May 23, 2018
Mentioned in this post
BMW Welt
BMW Welt
5,951 Reviews
Munich, Germany
Stuttgart
Stuttgart
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Mercedes
Mercedes
129 Reviews
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
184 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Group tours of automotive facilities

Correct. Family is wondering why I want to go solo and it's so I can do exactly what I want and go at my pace. Plus I don't know many friends who would casually drop the cost and time to go.

Edited: 12:22 pm, May 23, 2018
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,361 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Group tours of automotive facilities

In and by Stuttgart you can make arrangements to tour the Porsche assembly plant and Mercedes Benz's largest one at nearby Sindelfingen. You can also have tours of both museums, and early arrivals at the Mercedes Benz Museum are often given an option to also visit the next door motor factory. Stuttgart has many other automotive firms such as Bosch and Mahle and you might contact them about visiting them. In nearby Boeblingen is also Motorworld ( m.boeblingen.de/,Len/home/Motorworld.html ) where old timers are restored and you can stay in an automobile themed hotel. The German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg where the automobile was invented has over 40 automobile museums. You can also tour the Audi plant at Neckarsulm. For some information on automobile related things, have a look at my posts in the thread https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18727… .

Mentioned in this post
Mercedes
Mercedes
129 Reviews
Hamburg, Germany
Sindelfingen
Sindelfingen
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Mercedes-Benz Museum
Mercedes-Benz Museum
6,724 Reviews
Stuttgart, Germany