We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation choices from Rothenberg to Frankfurt Airport

Boulder, Colorado
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transportation choices from Rothenberg to Frankfurt Airport

We will be leaving Rothenberg on a Sunday morning in August to go to the Frankfurt Int'l Airport. What are the transportation choices that are reliable and can get us to the airport but from a small village? We need to be at the airport by 11:00 am. so we don't have much wiggle room in the morning.

Mentioned in this post
The Frankfurt Hotel
The Frankfurt Hotel
174 Reviews
Frankfurt, Germany
2 replies to this topic
Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
10,404 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation choices from Rothenberg to Frankfurt Airport

From your other thread I assume that you mean Rothenburg ob der Tauber, not Rothenberg which is small village in the Odenwald mountains south from Frankfurt airport. To be honest: I'd find that way too cumbersome to travel all the way from RodT to FRA in the morning. Can't think of a direct bus service and by train it means two changes and a trip of 3:15 hours minimum.

What I would do: spend the night in Würzburg. You'd come through it on the way to Rothenburg from Munich anyway. You could drop your bags in the hotel (or the lockers in the station), spend the afternoon in RodT (if by all means it is your biggest must-see...), return to Würzburg in the evening, enjoy a glas of local wine in one of the oldtown's pub before calling it a night, and take a direct train to the airport in the morning. The 8:55 ICE gets you to FRA by 10:22

Mentioned in this post
Rothenburg
Rothenburg
Middle Franconia, Germany
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Frankfurt Intl Airport
Frankfurt Intl Airport
Frankfurt, Germany
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Boulder, Colorado
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation choices from Rothenberg to Frankfurt Airport

Thank you so much for your advice! We will look into how to make this work!!

Reply to: Transportation choices from Rothenberg to Frankfurt Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted