We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with 4 day itinerary Hamburg to Frankfurt

Fort Pierce, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Help with 4 day itinerary Hamburg to Frankfurt

This is last minute, but I am lost! I'm flying into Hamburg to meet my husband after a conference and our flights out are out of Frankfurt 4 days later. So basically, we have no clue with regards to an itinerary between Hamburg and Frankfurt with the 4 days. The first night we are staying over in Hamburg and the last night in Frankfurt, so we have 2 additional nights in between. Initially, we thought about taking the train to Berlin, staying 2 nights, then taking the train to Frankfurt for our flight out the next morning, but that seems like so much train travel...and pretty $$$. I don't know if we should just stay around Hamburg area and make our way to Frankfurt, or head to Frankfurt and see things around there. Help!

Best Seller
Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and...
4,321 Reviews
from $64.60*
Best Seller
Small-Group Neuschwanstein and...
456 Reviews
from $142.50*
Best Seller
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day...
1,878 Reviews
from $58.70*
3 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
21,790 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary Hamburg to Frankfurt

I would suggest adding a night in Hamburg and making a day-trip to Lübeck. as one possibility. But Hamburg itself has lots to see , so it's either adding another night there or the last two nights in Frankfurt so you have a day to look round the city. If you are keen on art, Frankfurt has some great museums (also the Architecture Museum and the Historical Museum)

Haan, Germany
Level Contributor
213 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary Hamburg to Frankfurt

I suggest to spend your time in Hamburg. In my opinion this city has much more flair and many more things to see than Frankfurt. Do a Harbour Tour, have a look at City Center, do a tour around Reeperbahn, best with a local guide. And do not miss to take a walk through the small streets in Blankenese.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
944 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with 4 day itinerary Hamburg to Frankfurt

Think it all depends on your interests how many days you could spend in Hamburg alone. For some four days would be too long, for others (... like me ...) too short.

Harbour, harbour cruise, exploring Museum ships, a submarine and taking the Ferry to visit the Airbus assembly site is already good for more than half a day. And you could close th day visiting "Lion King" musical.

Stepping a bit into history, having a walk from the "Michel" (church "St. Michaelis") to "Krameramtsstuben" to "Deichstrasse" to "Speicherstadt" is a good start into the day.

Or do a crusie on river Alster - boats leaving at pier "Jungfernstieg". You can explore shopping area from there as well. And visit the "Rathaus" (Townhall).

For the rainy days - there is plenty of museums. And pretty good ones. TA will help making your choice.

Lübeck ws already mentioned for a day trip (direction north), visiting Schwerin (direction east) and visiting town and castle there is another option.

Enjoy your trip!

It is easy to travel by train:

https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml

Reply to: Help with 4 day itinerary Hamburg to Frankfurt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted