We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munich Airport and Freising

5 posts
1 review
Munich Airport and Freising

My sis and I have a 5 hour layover at Munich airport and we are planning to grab lunch in Freising. what is the quickest and most reliable way to get there? And if anyone out there is vegan pls let us know if u know any vegan cafe or restaurant in Freising. :)

Thanks in advance!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
13 reviews
14 helpful votes
1. Re: Munich Airport and Freising

Check out www.mvv-muenchen.de for a bus connection to Freising. You can plan to take the same bus back, but if you can't find it or run out of time, you could take a taxi too.

I don't know anything about cafés in Freising though, vegan or otherwise.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
41,991 posts
2. Re: Munich Airport and Freising

Bus 635. Runs every 20 minutes between both terminals and Freising train station.

Single trip ticket is EUR 2,90. Mini group day ticket EUR 12,80. These tickets cover also the buses in Freising.

Can't help you with vegan places. But considering for what programs students go to Freising-Weihenstephan I would be extremely surprised if there weren't any.

http://www.wzw.tum.de/index.php?id=45&L=1

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
146 reviews
48 helpful votes
3. Re: Munich Airport and Freising

The only exclusively vegan place in Freising on Happy Cow is actually a cart that is only at the market on Weds.

It does suggest Effe & Gold and Zetters restaurant have vegan options though. Haven’t eaten at either though (nor anywhere in Freising). Tian in the centre of Munich is very good but a full-on restaurant rather than café and probably too far anyway.

5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Munich Airport and Freising

Thank you very much guys for your super fast response! So helpful!

5. Re: Munich Airport and Freising

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 07, 2018