We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

Hi. Wanted to know your opinion on how many days to spend in Berlin & Munich? I'll be traveling for mid November with my wife. I have 7 FULL days to visit, plus 3 more for the arriving to Berlin, connecting between both and leaving so I contemplated jet lag and all : ) One thing I definitely want to do is visit is Neuschwanstein Castle. I was thinking 4 Berlin 3 Munich (one day been the Neuschwanstein Castle). Let me know your input. Also, I might be able to get in 4 more full days and was thinking of going to Prague or Vienna. Your thoughts on that? I've seen day trips to Vienna from Prague, don't know if that a bit too short. I don't want to use none of the possible extra 4 days for Germany. Thanks for all the help!!!!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

Anyone??

Florida
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
173 reviews
2. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

All good except the idea of doing a day trip to Vienna from Prague. Decide which city you want to visit, both worthwhile.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

Thanks for the input. For a first timer, which one do you recommend, Prague or Vienna?

Edited: 5:42 pm, May 30, 2017
Florida
Level Contributor
1,888 posts
173 reviews
4. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

I like both - in good weather.

Actually, it would probably be easiest to go from Berlin to Prague and then on to Vienna skipping Munich. I am no fan of Neuschwanstein Castle. If it is a must, you need to figure out which city is easier to reach from Munich - length and cost of transfer. It is also important to know where you are going next, which airport, more convenient flights etc.

In November, days will be short and weather will be grey and drizzly in all of these cities, so indoor activities are important which makes Vienna a bit better than Prague. More museums, a Versailles type palace, musical performances, theater.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

I'd rather have 5 days in Berlin and just 2 in Munich. All personal opinion at the end of the day, but Munich just doesn't do it for me. Would rather be in Berlin, with the addition of Potsdam.

Mainz, Germany
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
65 reviews
6. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

I agree with everything Ingrid said. If a sidetrip to Neuschwanstein is a must then 4+3 is most reasonable.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

Tyx for the advice. If I changed Munich for Potsdam, would 2 days be enough?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
21 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

Thx Oil 6

9. Re: Berlin & Munich (how many days in each)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 02, 2018