We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary for a 30 days trip in central europe

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
32 posts
Help with itinerary for a 30 days trip in central europe

Hi everyone!

I need a little help with my itinerary in central europe. I have 30 days, but if pass a little bit, no problem...

I will go with my wife and 2 year old son. So we carry about the travel time between two cities.

We plan to go in june.

We like historical cities, small villages, moutains, maybe hike...

I’m thinking in two itinerarys, but the both have some problems.

That’s the first one. The problem is the price of the ticket. We would have to buy two tickets to expensive destinations :

DAY 1 SÃO PAULO/BUDAPESTE

DAY 2 BUDAPESTE

DAY 3 BUDAPESTE

DAY 4 BUDAPESTE

DAY 5 BUDAPESTE/VIENA (3h trem)

DAY 6 VIENA

DAY 7 VIENA

DAY 8 VIENA

DAY 9 VIENA/SALBURGO (2h 30 trem)

DAY 10 SALSBURGO

DAY 11 SALBURGO-HALSTATT

DAY 12 SALZBURGO/Innsbruck (2h)

DAY 13 Innsbruck

DAY 14 Innsbruck

DAY 15 Innsbruck/Fussen (2h)

DAY 16 Fussen

DAY 17 Fussen/Munique (2h train

DAY 18 Munique

DAY 19 Munique

DAY 20 Munique

DAY 21 Munique/Nuremberg

DAY 22 Nuremberg

DAY 23 Nuremberg

DAY 24 Nuremberg/Praga (4h bus)

DAY 25 Praga

DAY 26 Praga

DAY 27 Praga

DAY 28 Praga

DAY 29 Praga/SÃO PAULO

The second, the biggest problem is that it would leave Budapest behind.

DAY 1 FRANFFURT

DAY 2 FRANKFURT/NUREMBERG (2h)

DAY 3 Nuremberg

DAY 4 Nuremberg

DAY 5 Nuremberg/Praga (4h)

DAY 6 Praga

DAY 7 Praga

DAY 8 Praga

DAY 9 Praga

DAY 10 PRAGA/CESKY KRUMLOV (1h 30 trem rapido)

DAY 11 CESKY KRUMLOV

DAY 12 CESKY KRUMLOV/VIENA (3h onibus

DAY 13 VIENA

DAY 14 VIENA

DAY 15 VIENA

DAY 16 VIENA/SALBURGO (2h 30 trem

DAY 17 SALSBURGO

DAY 18 SALBURGO-HALSTATT

DAY 19 SALZBURGO/Innsbruck (2h)

DAY 20 Innsbruck

DAY 21 Innsbruck

DAY 22 Innsbruck/Fussen (2h)

DAY 23 Fussen

DAY 24 Fussen/Munique (2h)

DAY 25 Munique

DAY 26 Munique

DAY 27 Munique

DAY 28 Munique/FRANKFURT (3H TREM)

DAY 29 FRANKFURT/SÃO PAULO

If anyone has any suggestion I appreciate it.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
9,665 posts
1 review
1. Re: Help with itinerary for a 30 days trip in central europe

some personal comments.

I spend my time & money that i cant see at home. If not, i wouldn't travel.

So if Budapest is important to you, i would go.

Life if full of choices, do i turn left or right, do i buy this or that...ect. Its hard to make some decisions, but i rank them in importance. Even ranking them can be difficult but i do and go for it.

What i also do is to break out a map plot the places i want to do and see and try to minimize my travel time between places. IT appears you did alot of homework on this and i really congratulate you since many that ask questions dont or feel their time is more important than people replying.

I will also say by a glance, in my opinion, that what you have is doable if your train travel times are correct. If i was planning a trip, i would probably have just about the same time and places. But i do more research into whats in those places and try to guess how much time i may need. But in the 5 years i have been traveling, its been working out to 2, 3 or 4 days in certain places but it will depend on whats there to do and see and whats important to you. The time you spend in those place may or may not be enough, but it will again depend on whats there. Everyone will have different priorities.

In not saying the route is good since i havent looked at plotting it, but for me and how I've been traveling, the times in each place and travel times looks good - to me.

just realize that you will be doing alot of traveling. But one major thing, just coming back from S. America induing Brazil is that the train system in Europe is really nice to use and is what i found i missed using in S. America. But it is what it is.

one last comment, I've been to Prague, Budapest and Vienna from your list. All are really cool and interesting places. I loved Budapest the most since it reminded me of home - the only place to do that, so far.

good luck

Edited: 3:58 pm, November 24, 2016
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Help with itinerary for a 30 days trip in central europe

Most of your travel times look accurate. However, Innsbruck and Füssen are not well connected by train/bus. It is a 4-5 hour journey with at least 2 connections.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
32 posts
3. Re: Help with itinerary for a 30 days trip in central europe

Thanks for the help! I will try to do the first itinerary. I'm not sure yet how many days i'll stay in each city, I have to research more...

It's a good idea to rent the car, maybe return in Munich.

I was thinking, maybe it's a good idea to buy a flight to viena, and in the second day go to Budapest.

Tickets to Vienna are cheaper than Budapest.

As this is the first time that I make a long trip with my son, I just hope it does not get too tiring.

Thanks again!

4. Re: Help with itinerary for a 30 days trip in central europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 27, 2017