We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

From St.Etienne airport to Nice

Which Saint-Etienne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adana
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
From St.Etienne airport to Nice

Hi,

We are considering to buy a cheap flight ticket to St.Etienne airport, at the end of May.

We want to go directly to Nice (or maybe Marseille) from the airport.

I appreciate if you can recommend a way to arrive to Nice directly from the St.Etienne airport. We prefer train if possible.

Thanks,

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Train Travel, Olympics
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
1. Re: From St.Etienne airport to Nice

You would have to take the shuttle bus to St Etienne station, a train from there to Lyon and change there for a train to Marseille or Nice. I would guess that the cost would outweigh any saving you might make on the flight.

Adana
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: From St.Etienne airport to Nice

Thank you very much railtraveller65,

You are right, it is also a lot of trouble.

Actually, we can buy a direct flight to Marseille for the same price. Unfortunately, the plane arrives in Marseille at 01:30, this will be a very late time to go to the hotel and we will be tired in the morning to enjoy the city.

St-Etienne option will let me to arrive in the hotel in the evening so we can enjoy another Marseille night. Also I will pay for the accomodation in any case, even I arrive at 02:30.

I guess I will go for the St-Etienne option. What do you think, do you see another option which I can't see at the moment?

Thanks,

3. Re: From St.Etienne airport to Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, June 03, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Etienne