We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Lyon

Romania
1 post
Save Topic
Easter in Lyon

Hello,

I'm a passionate of Lyon and I find it has only one major flaw: most restaurants are closed on Sunday.

This year I'm taking my boyfriend there for a long week-end to show him my favorite city in the world...and, first and foremost, to celebrate his birthday.

Trouble is that his birthday is on April 8, which just happens to be on Easter Sunday.

Does anyone know if we'll find everything mostly closed, or mostly open on that particular Sunday? I couldn't find any advice on how the city feels on religious holidays.

Thank you anyone for your input

Mentioned in this post
Lyon
Lyon
Rhone, France
Lyon
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Lyon

Hello,

Easter Sunday will be as any "regular" Sunday, meaning rather quiet. True that many restaurants close on Sunday (especially on Sunday evening), the inhabitants like to move out of the city a to have lunch in the countryside restaurants (Beaujolais, Dombes, Bresse, etc...).

But I'm sure you won't be starving anyway, open restaurants should be available, e.g. in Vieux Lyon, Les Halles (food market near La Part-Dieu) or Rue Mercière. Anyway, it is stongly advisable :

1/ to check by phone if the chosen restaurant is open

2/ if open to make a reservation

as restaurants (in or out of town) are traditionnally much in demand on Easter day (families...).

Have a nice journey.

Mentioned in this post
Vieux Lyon
Vieux Lyon
5,053 Reviews
Lyon, France
2. Re: Easter in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 24, 2009