We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Nice for Wine lovers?

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Nice for Wine lovers?

Hi Everyone --

My fiance and I are currently planning our honeymoon, and we think France sounds like a wonderful destination. We just returned from Spain (La Rioja wine region) and are craving another wine adventure.

We put together an itinerary that starts in Paris and takes us to Champagne, Burgundy, Beaujolais and finally Nice. Does this seem doable in two weeks with a car? Is there anything we are missing or should avoid? We are two wine and food lovers in their early 30's. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Justin

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,820 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Nice for Wine lovers?

Champagne and Burgundy sound good but how does from there to Nice fit into a wine and food holiday? Have you thought about Champagne, Alsace, then Burgundy? There are more than sufficient locations to explore there for two weeks without the long drive to Nice.

Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Nice for Wine lovers?

I urge you to pick up a couple of good guide books that focus on visiting vineyards. Two of my favorites are:

- Webster's Wine Tours, France

- France, Wine Country Access

As you head toward Nice, you should also consider checking out some of the vineyards in the Rhone Valley (including those in Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas, and Vacqueyras) as well as some vineyards in Provence ( especially those in the Coteaux des Baux , Bandol and Cassis. You may also want to consider spending a day exploring the Camargue and visiting .

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Nice for Wine lovers?

But thenAlpillesGal... they won't have enough time in 2 weeks ! lol ^.^

It's true that there are not as many vineyards going towards Nice, so if I were you I would consider other possibilities since there are so many wine regions in France !

Champagne, Alsace, Burgundy is a good trio.

Champagne, Burgundy and Rhone Valley is another great one.

A car will give you more flexibility for visiting. But be careful that French authorities are very strict on drinking and driving.

4. Re: Paris to Nice for Wine lovers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 19, 2014