We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Down to earth bars in Lyon?

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
147 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Down to earth bars in Lyon?

Good afternoon,

Me and my wife will be visiting Lyon in January. We are both in our early 50's and are looking for a 'working mans' bar for a drink or two. Nothing fancy, just a bar with normal Lyon people frequenting. We will be staying in the old part of town.

Cheers.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Down to earth bars in Lyon?

If you refer to "Buvette du pont Bonaparte", you should know that it is an outdoor café on the Saône bank. It is actually a very nice place when the weather is not cold (we actually enjoyed our Sunday outdoor lunch at the food market today, as we do on most Sundays), but it will be cold in January!

london
Level Contributor
147 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Down to earth bars in Lyon?

There's a bar just before the bridge on the old town side called the Bonaparte. I've seen the one next to the open market, (St Antoine). I'll pay that a wee visit too.

Cheers.

13. Re: Down to earth bars in Lyon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 22, 2014