We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best town to stay for touring normandy.

socal
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best town to stay for touring normandy.

Which smaller towns have a good road accessibility, some charm, and good restaurants for viewing the sights and beaches? We try to avoid the larger built up areas for something less touristy.

Also, any particularly comfortable places to stay in these towns

Suggestions, and thoughts?

Thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
27,993 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best town to stay for touring normandy.

This is a duplicate, and also is in the wrong forum, as Lyon is not in Normandy!

OP has made a post on the Normandy forum, though and hopefully will get help to find their way....

socal
Level Contributor
8 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best town to stay for touring normandy.

Yeah, I realize that. What I did't realize was that I was still on the Lyon forum from an earlier post.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best town to stay for touring normandy.

Normandy is enormous. If you're looking to focus on the D-Day beaches and surrounds, Bayeux is a very good choice, and for accommodations I like the Château de la Bellefontaine. If you're heading to other parts of Normandy, there are loads of other choices.

4. Re: Best town to stay for touring normandy.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 02, 2014