We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I day tour in Lyon, Suggestions please

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
I day tour in Lyon, Suggestions please

Hello,

I am catching my flight back to frankfurt from Lyon. which is at 6 AM sunday morning.

Right now I am in grenoble, and will reach lyon today evening at around 7 PM. I've whole of Saturday free for myself.

I was looking for suggestions, if I should take the bus hop-on hop-out tour, or should I go for the citypass. I am staying next to Lyon part dieu Railways station BTW. Please suggest which all attraction I can/should cover in 1 day I've in lyon.

Also, is the last Express tram to airport safe to board at 12:40 in the night ? since my flight is at 6 in the morning I thought of spending the night in the airport.

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I day tour in Lyon, Suggestions please

The last RhoneExpress TO the airport departs at midnight, not 00.40, so adjust your timing accordingly. And yes, its perfectly safe on board.

For your one-day stay in Lyon unfortunately you don't have the best of luck with the weather, Saturday is expected to be rather cool with occasional rain. But still it should not prevent you from walking the streets. Hop on hop off bus covers all the main sights so you can use it to move between them. If not in one day you could cover the centre of the city with the Renaissance area and its traboules in Vieux Lyon, Roman area up the Fourviere hill with a fantastic view over the city and the Presqui'Ile area between two rivers and don't miss the trademark market at the Quai Saint Antoine. If the weather is better than expected and you have enough time you might stroll by the bank of the Rhone river with nice views and numerous bars, cafes and restaurants (beer restaurant Star Ferry is my favourite during the day).

Edited: 9:48 am, June 28, 2013
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I day tour in Lyon, Suggestions please

Thanks darth_feanor

I was wondering if you've any suggestions for some place to go in the night time ? and also how do I reach vieux lyon ?

Regards,

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I day tour in Lyon, Suggestions please

On Saturday you'll have plenty of options for the night life especially in the lower Croix-Rousse (in the vicinity of the Terreaux square) and Vieux Lyon areas or by the left bank of the Rhone river (this area is actually the closest to your hotel). The city's biggest pub The Wallace will probably have a band playing (they have one today). But I'm not the expert on the night life in general.

To get to Vieux Lyon from Part-Dieu directly you need a bus (or trolley) C3, and to get to Bellecour square, which is the geographic centre of the city and also has a tourist office, you need a bus C9. But a receptionist in your hotel will easily advice you on logistics.

Edited: 4:30 pm, June 28, 2013
4. Re: I day tour in Lyon, Suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 30, 2014