We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quai Claude Bernard

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
long island ny
Level Contributor
131 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Quai Claude Bernard

We are going on a river cruise. Arriving at the train station part deau in Lyon. Can we walk to the quai? Can you recommend a hotel for one night? Someone recommended the

IBIS at the train station. Can we walk from the IBIS to town?

thanks

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
936 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

It's around 30 minutes walk from the Part-Dieu train station to the docks. So if you have any luggage walking is out of question. You can take tram T1 from the station directly to the docks (direction "Montrochet", stop "Quai Claude Bernard").

I don't know any hotels in this particular area as it is not a touristic part of town with University buildings and a large hospital. On the other side of the river overlooking the "port" there is a 5-stars luxury Sofitel hotel. If not there are plenty of options in the Presqu'Ile area, still reasonably close to the departure point of your ship. Try to browse the forum for more precise recommendations. Hotel des Celestins and Hotel La Residence for instance are getting very favourable feedbacks from the posters here.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
936 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

The closest to the docks are hotels Du Helder (on the same tram line, just two stops before) and Les Carres Pegase.

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
37 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

also one closest to the docks is Ibis Lyon Centre 51 rue de l'Université www.ibis.com/Lyon_centre

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

i'm ending a river cruise at quai claude bernard 69007 and want to take a train to paris. should i take the tgv from lyone perrache station to paris gare lyon?

Lyon, France
Level Contributor
37 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

yes! en.voyages-sncf.com

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

merci!

Kennebunk, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

can you please advise...I am doing the same thing , going from Quai Claude Bernard to Lyon train station to travel to Paris, but I made my reservations from Lyon Part Dieu. Should I change to Perrache? Was this easy? I am traveling with an elderly person. Merci.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
936 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

Are you going to Paris itself or to the CDG airport? If the latter is the case then your only option is Lyon Part Dieu. If you going to Paris then by all means Lyon Perrache is a better option. It's closer to the docks, it's smaller and you'll have much more time to board the train without any stress. You don't have to change the tickets, the old ones are ok in this case.

Kennebunk, Maine
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

Thank you., kindly. I am going to Paris Gare de Lyon, for a few days in Paris. Thank you very much for this info. Do you think it is easy enough to walk from QCB to Perrache? I have read that there is a tram, T1, I believe, to either station. Do you know if this is accurate? Nice to know I do not have to bother with exchanging tickets.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
936 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quai Claude Bernard

You're welcome! The walk is just over 1k, it's easy to do without heavy luggage, but otherwise it's better to take a tram. The tram stop is right near the docks on the upper street level and you need to take it for one stop (direction right if you come to the stop from the docks). It arrives at the Perrache bus station, then you have to go two levels up and come to the train station by a short walkway.

Have in mind that the train to Paris departs from Perrache and then stops at Part-Dieu. Which means your departure time will be around 15 minutes earlier than indicated on your ticket. Check the exact time on the SNCF website - www.voyages-sncf.fr

Edited: 9:58 am, September 22, 2013