We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

Arizona
Level Contributor
248 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

We are looking for an authentic, fun bouchon for Sunday lunch. This will be our first bouchon experience so we want it to be a good one! We don't speak much French and are hoping for a place with friendly service that will help out a couple of American girls looking for great food! BUT - we are NOT looking for a touristy place. Are we crazy, or does this place exits? Crossing my fingers...

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

As you've probably already noticed, the most authentic bouchons are all closed on Sundays.

There are a few places open though, some of them I don't recommend located in the tourist areas, and these 2 which are nice :

- "Le Bouchon des filles" is definitely a place for you girls!

20 rue Sergent Blandan (1er)

lafourchette.com/restaurant/…21770

- "Chez Abel" is a more upscale bouchon, a great restaurant to taste the "quenelles".

25, rue Guynemer (2è)

http://www.cafecomptoirabel.fr/

Both are located in very nice parts of the town, Le bouchon des filles close to Place Sathonay which is a nice area on Sundays afternoons; Chez Abel close to Abbaye d'Ainay, a beautiful roman church.

Arizona
Level Contributor
248 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

Exactly the information we were looking for. Thank you!

Now cross your fingers that Iberia does not cancel our flight from Madrid...

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

When shall you fly from Madrid?

Arizona
Level Contributor
248 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

We depart Madrid on Friday, March 15 and there are no strikes scheduled for that date. However, our return flight to Madrid is on Monday, March 18 and Iberia has scheduled a strike. They have not yet posted the list of affected flights. We chose Iberia because they have a late (20:00) flight from Lyon which allows us to spend the entire day in Lyon.

I suppose being "stuck" in Lyon wouldn't be all that bad, but my daughter must return to her job in Madrid!

(Just asked our hotel to make reservations at Le Bouchon des Filles!)

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

Good luck for your flights!

I hope you will like Le bouchon des filles, I think they can speak some English.

6. Re: Great Bouchon for a Sunday lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 12, 2014