We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Paris to Lake Garda

ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Paris to Lake Garda

Can anybody help with an overnight stop on the above mentioned journey? Travelling by car, (3 kids, 2 roof boxes and 3 bicycles on the back) travelling end of june and wondering what would realistically be the half way point (journey time) and poss sugestions of a hotel with safe parking after that point. Ideally leaving less of a drive for the following day. Is Chambery the half way mark or am I miles out? Thanks for any help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Paris to Lake Garda

hello,

You're right, Chambery would be a good overnight stop, just after the halfway mark and avoiding Switzeland (you have to obtain a motorway pass before going on their motorway which is not cost effective if you're jsut passing).

I generaly recommend Accor Hotels and here is a list of places you might want to stay at: accorhotels.com/gb/…top

The staff speak English so don't hesitate to call.

Hope it helps,

Enjoy your trip.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Paris to Lake Garda

If I'm not mistaken Chambéry is a bit off the direct route. St. Gervais and Chamonix are both on the direct route and a bit past mid-way. Annecy is another possibility, also off the direct route but closer than Chambéry.

Or do I have the route wrong in my head?