We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lyon for 2 nts on the way from Vaison-la-Romaine to Paris?

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
100 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Lyon for 2 nts on the way from Vaison-la-Romaine to Paris?

Spending 4 nights in Paris, then 7 nights near Vaison-la-Romaine. Will be taking the TGV from Paris to Lyon and picking up a car in Lyon to drive south. At the end of our week in V-la-R, was thinking of staying in Lyon for two nights before heading back to Paris (spending last night of trip in Paris b/c using FF miles, so that's set). Wondering if anyone has any other recommendations, or if Lyon makes the most sense, since it's only 2 nights and it's on the way back to Paris. We love wine and food and just tooling around exploring a city/town...not museum or history buffs, and not sure I'd be too interested in 'touring' chateaux (Loire was another idea I had, that's why i mention the chateaux touring). Don't mind it if we had to make another stop on the train from Lyon to Paris, more interested in finding someplace nice to spend for two nights on the back end of our trip. We've been to Burgundy/Beaune and the little villages south of Beaune, so probably don't want to repeat that. Any suggestions are most appreciated!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lyon for 2 nts on the way from Vaison-la-Romaine to Paris?

Lyon offers some of the best food in France, and there any number of places to visit--including the huge open-air market where the celebrated chefs in the area shop.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,248 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lyon for 2 nts on the way from Vaison-la-Romaine to Paris?

Here's a recent post that will help:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187265-i601-k5792…

3. Re: Lyon for 2 nts on the way from Vaison-la-Romaine to Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 16, 2013