We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day in Lyon

new York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1 day in Lyon

Hi, I am going to Lyon for just 1 day need suggestions where to go?

thanks

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day in Lyon

There is a hop on hop off bus that does not take very long to do its circuit but gives a nice overview. Hop off at Vieux Lyon and walk around the narrow and charming streets. Also hop off at the Basilica for a great view (and you could walk down to Vieux Lyon from here.).

We did a walking tour of the traboules in Vieux Lyon through the tourist office. It's definitely worth doing if it's offered on the day you are there.

We also liked the market on quai st amtoine. The hoho bus also passes by there.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,436 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day in Lyon

Take the funicular from Vieux Lyon to Fourviere to see the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière. See the Basilica and admire the view of the city from above. Follow the foot path back down to Vieux Lyon. Once down there, the St. Jean side is particularly happening. Walk back to the center to see Place Bellecour and perhaps walk through the shopping and central area. Over in the Part Dieu area, you can go to Les Halles de Lyon and enjoy a very nice gourmet French food market. You can even have a meal of oysters there.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
384 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day in Lyon

We were just in Lyon for 1.5 days and almost exactly followed Sammy's suggestion. It was just the prefect amount of time.

new York City, New...
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day in Lyon

thank you

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day in Lyon

I'm bumping this up for more sugegstions. I'm arriving in Lyon on a Saturday and leaving on a Sunday. What can I do in that 1 day? How should I organize my time? Thanks!

6. Re: 1 day in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 13, 2013