We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping & Public Transport in Lyon

Which Lyon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Camping & Public Transport in Lyon

Hi,

We are coming to Lyon for the World Cup in September and are thinking of staying at the Indigo Campsite in Porte de Lyon, Dardilly.

Does anyone know anything about this campsite?

Also does anyone know about transport links to Dardilly from central Lyon (unfortunatley every tranpsot website I can find is in French and my translating skills are not that good!!).

Thanks in advance for any help.x

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping & Public Transport in Lyon

Hi (sorry for my late answer, I was in holidays).

I am pretty confident you don't have to speak french to use the transportation websites (train, road or bus). You just have to type your starting point in "départ" (departure : just type camping dardilly) and destination in "arrivée" (arrival : for example place bellecour). Yes, there are transport links.

The website is : http://www.tcl.fr/

I did it for you., but you may check the different options.

There are 2 bus lines to/from International Campsite, n°89 (stops right at campsite) and n°164 (a little farther), going to Gare de vaise. Take one of these, stop at "Gare de Vaise", where you can take the Métro that leads you anywhere in Lyon center. It will take you 38' to get to Place Bellecour.

These is an other option with bus n°3, going to Hôtel de Ville, but you have a 7' walk to get to the bus stop.

2. Re: Camping & Public Transport in Lyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 08, 2009