We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris CDG to Lyon Airport

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Paris CDG to Lyon Airport

Is there any low cost french airlines operating the CDG to Lyon ( airport (two ways) beside airfrance or is it a monopoly between Air france and the SNCF TGV

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris CDG to Lyon Airport

There is no low cost airline operating this route. One way TGV fares range from 35€ to ~60€ in second class, from 50€ to ~105€ in first.

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris CDG to Lyon Airport

Thanks mate. I suspected so

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris CDG to Lyon Airport

BTW, is there a very big difference between 1st class and 2nd class in a TGV. Is it just the comfort of the seat? Has anyone who has travelled in both advise if 1st class is worth the extra cost ?

Thank you

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris CDG to Lyon Airport

It will take you only 2 hours with the TGV to travel from Paris to Lyon.

The differences between 1st and 2nd class are :

- more comfortable seats

- more space (less seats in the same carriage)

- a plug for your computer

I travel every week in 1st class for business because it is comfortable and calm, but I don't pay for it when I travel for leisure purpose. But you should know that the extra cost for 1st class can be reduced if you buy your tickets a long time in advance (it is the same fare system as airlines !), or for certain schedules : check this on the SNCF website : www.scnf.fr

5. Re: Paris CDG to Lyon Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 30, 2009