We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris beauvis to grenoble

Edinburgh, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
paris beauvis to grenoble

Hi..i arrive in Paris Beauvis airport around 4pm.what is the cheapest and hopefully less complicated way for me to get to grenoble?i have only a small backpack so luggage isnt a problem. any advice is appreciated

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,733 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris beauvis to grenoble

You don't say from where you are traveling or when but connecting through Beauvais, which is not in Paris at all, could be a classic example of being penny wise (fares into BVA) and pound foolish, (total cost to reach Grenoble).

Generally however, you take the bus into Paris, 16€ and about 1½ hours en route, the métro to Gare de Lyon (1.70€ and maybe 30 minutes total), then a train to Grenoble, about 3-4 hours, tickets cost about 80€ and less depending upon when you travel.

Edinburgh, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: paris beauvis to grenoble

Sorry. .I am travelling from Edinburgh in the Uk anf ut seemed to me that the nearest airport (apart feom grenoble airport...no flight from Edinburgh) is Paris and beauvis has some good ryanair deals.my flight is expected to arrive around 4pm thereabouts

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
6,992 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris beauvis to grenoble

You're talking about going 2/3 of the way across France diagonally. Think of it as landing in a field not very near Dundee (called for the purpose of cheap flights: Edinburgh) and travelling to Bristol.

You're a lot better off finding an airport nearer Grenoble - i.e most of them. Lyon is probably your best bet

Edited: 5:44 am, July 02, 2013
Oz en Oisans, France
Level Contributor
613 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris beauvis to grenoble

Hello,

Grenoble airport mainly operates in the winter.

The nearest in the summer is Lyon from where you can get an easy connecting bus.

lyonaeroports.com/fre/…Par-Bus

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,733 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paris beauvis to grenoble

<<,.my flight is expected to arrive around 4pm thereabouts>>

With a 4pm arrival, you could be in Paris by 6pm - 6:30pm, and easily there after at Gare de Lyon by 7pm meaning you could catch the 19h37 train to Grenoble. There is a backup (your actual travel date is necessary to know to be sure) at 20h58.

Worst case would be that your plane arrives late and you would need to spend the night in Paris but there are a lot of trains to Grenoble.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,356 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paris beauvis to grenoble

You'd have been better off flying Easyjet from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Paris Charles de Gaulle - then you could have got a direct or easy-connection TGV train to Grenoble.

7. Re: paris beauvis to grenoble

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 04, 2014