We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooter hire tour de france

Auckland
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
scooter hire tour de france

Hey, has anyone hired a scooter for transport to watch the tour de france? We're staying in le parc national des ecrins, so are looking for soemwhere nearby to rent, but wondering if it's a good mode or transport for the race?

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,616 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scooter hire tour de france

What are you hoping to achieve? My son and husband have been to the Tour several times but if you want to catch it more than once along the route then you need a car to get in front of them again (obviously using different roads).

Auckland
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooter hire tour de france

We're mainly going for flexibility, so we can all do our own thing if we want to. Happy just to see them once a day as we'll be there for 5 days. Still struggling to find anywhere to rent them though so may have to be a car!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scooter hire tour de france

My wife and I are coming for the first time-departing for Europe this friday-and we are coming in from Paris in a car. We are staying just past the Col du Galibier in La Salle.

Question #1: On thusday-the day they finish on the Galibier-do we have to sleep in the car the night before somewhere on the climb of the Galibier or can we depart the hotel very early (6AM?) and drive up and get a spot the morning of that climb?

Question #2: On friday for the Alp D Huez, it is my understanding that the main road up the Huez will be closed (all night or can we sleep in the car again?) but it looks like there are a couple of roads that come in about half way up the climb from the sides. The best one looks like it comes in from the north from Allemond on D44B/D211B which dead ends about 2/3 of the way up the hill. Is this road open and does it really meet up with the Huez near the top of the climb?

Thanks so much for your help-we obviously need all we can get. TG

4. Re: scooter hire tour de france

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, October 30, 2012