We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

devon, england
2 posts
Save Topic
grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

hiya, now that i know there are buses from grenoble airport to grenoble, i need to know how to get to alpe d'huez from grenoble is there a bus please help!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

Visit this web site for details. The buses leave from Grenoble station.

http://www.vfd.fr/accueil.php3

I was hoping to go to Alpe d'Huez, but unfortunately couldn't get into Club Med there.

Have fun!

Moira, South Africa

Paris, France
Level Contributor
804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

yes there is and you can book your tickets online at www.altibus.com, otherwise you can use http://www.skifrance.com/ that is the "generic" ski site in France, and of course http://www.alpedhuez.com/index_uk.htm that lists every type of transport facilities.

I'll be there in late february and can't wait!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
804 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

Moira, as a Alpe d'Huez Fan i wouldn't recommend the Club Med there, as the rooms are REALLY small ! Plus, the building is far away from the center, not really convenient, but I guess that it's the price to pay for being ON the slopes for an hotel :)

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

Hi,

Can you tell me if there are regular buses running from the Grenoble airport into the city? I've found the irregular and badly timed airline buses on the airport website but wonder if there are others? I did see mention of other buses but no timetables or fares.

Thanks

Huddersfield...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

I had a look at www.altibus.com and it doesn't list Grenoble at all. It's also mostly in French. Anyone know a good site in English?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
110 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

I actually found the answer to my own question by contacting info@grenoble-airport.com They sent me the full timetable for the buses which doesn't appear on the airport website for some reason. According to their information, every plane is met by a shuttle bus which goes into the city and costs 4 euros for adults and 2.8 euros for students.

United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

Do you have to book a seat on the Grenoble station -> Huez bus? I imagine there'll be quite a few on it/them. I had heard they only go twice a day (10.30am and 7pm ish). Is that true????!?

United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

Do you have to book a seat on the Grenoble station -> Huez bus? I imagine there'll be quite a few on it/them. I had heard they only go twice a day (10.30am and 7pm ish). Is that true????!?

London, U.K
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

Hi,

I'm going to Alpe D'Huez mid March with my friend and was looking for a nice hotel and convenient, near the ski lifts.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Also, is the snow condition good in mid April (easter break)?

Thank you.

Ana

London, U.K
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: grenoble to alpe d'huez by bus.

Hi,

I'm going to Alpe D'Huez mid March with my friend and was looking for a nice hotel and convenient, near the ski lifts.

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Also, is the snow condition good in mid April (easter break)?

Thank you.

Ana