We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lyon hotels near train stations - SAFE?

Canada
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lyon hotels near train stations - SAFE?

I (a middle-age woman), along with my 70-year old mom, shall be going to Lyon the first time in mid-June. Since we shall be arriving Lyon Airport late at night, around 9:15pm, I think the best for us after our arrival is to stay in a hotel near where the airport shuttles will take us.

I find Best Western Hôtel Charlemagne near Gare Parc Parrache advantageous due to its close proximity to the train station, but am not sure about the safety and security of the area.

1. Does anyone know the safety and security of the area at night?

2. Is there any alternate hotel that someone would suggest?

3. If I choose other hotels in the business sector of Lyon, eg., Park & Suite near Gare Parc Dieu, is it also safe and convenient to go to the Old Town?

Thank you for your advice.

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lyon hotels near train stations - SAFE?

This hotel you found is fine but the neighborhood is not the best one.

I would suggest the Hotel La Résidence, that is also close to the train station, but in the city center. It will be very convenient to go to the tourist information in the morning (located place Bellecour, 5' walk from the hotel) and to walk to the old town. Or the Sofitel Royal, according to your budget.

La Part-Dieu district is not as convenient to go to the old town.

2. Re: Lyon hotels near train stations - SAFE?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 01, 2009