We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalets in 1650

Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Chalets in 1650

Hi,

I am looking to book a chalet for next Jan and have come across Le Ski Tour Operator however I am unable to find any reviews on trip advisor for any of their chalets which surprised me. Has anyone stayed with them and if so are they good, bad or indifferent. These are the only company which seems to offer single rooms for 1 of our party.

Many thanks in advance.

Surrey
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalets in 1650

Ski beat are generally good, but they have been take over by Directski recently so I'm not sure if this will effect their standards.

Meribel, France
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalets in 1650

Hi Angie

You could try using Chalets Direct for your holiday. They have a thing called the solutions room where you can post your requirements and get replys from the appropriate chalets.

They'll be independent operators in the main but the chances are you will find reviews of them and (even though as an independent op myself I'm baised) you should get a better service too.

Hope that helps.

Andy

Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chalets in 1650

Thanks for the information Andy. I have now booked with Le Ski and fingers crossed they are good as they sound. The only issue I have with independents is I am lazy and like someone else to sort the whole package, flights and transfers. Anyway thanks for your help.

Angela

Meribel, France
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chalets in 1650

Hi Angela

Glad to hear you've found what you were looking for. You should give an independent a go at some point though, you'll never look back!

Have a great holiday

Andy

Sheffield
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chalets in 1650

Angela,

Rest assured Le Ski are really good! They really look after guests and staff (I worked for them for several years) and unlike many other chalet companies they don't give hosts a budget for food so the quality of food you get (as long as the host is ok) is generally high. What chalet are you staying in?

Sara

Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chalets in 1650

Hi Sara, Thank you for your reply. We are staying in Le Bisolet at 1650 because we needed a single room. Everything so far seems very good. The staff have been very helpful. I was just a little concerned at first because I couldn't find anything on trip advisor about them, which is very unusual for a company that has been going for quite some time. What is really strange is that I lived most of my life in the town next to Huddersfield and i had never heard of them. Its a small world, but if they even get close to my expectations I will be over the moon.

Thanks again for replying, it is nice to hear they also look after their staff which in my opinion will make for a better holiday. Nobody wants to spend a week with disgruntled staff. We have never stayed in Courchevel but we did stay in La Tania a few years ago with another chalet company who appear to have gone downhill.

Take Care.

Angela

Stockport
Level Contributor
6 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chalets in 1650

Angela,

Have no fears - Le Ski are absolutely lovely. The staff work their socks off and I've never had a bad stay (about 5 times). There is always a staff night off and if you wish to really push the boat out I can recommend the Bateau Ivre (http://www.bateauivre-courchevel.com/en/). It will probably cost about £100 a head but you only live once - we've been almost time we went with Le Ski.

Once you've done Courchevel, get over to Stanford Ski (http://www.stanfordskiing.co.uk) and try Megeve. It's another lovely, family-run firm and Megeve is very chic. The skiing is at a much lower altitude but doesn't need much snow because most of the runs are on top of grass and in the Mont Blanc micro-climate.

Cheers

Hampshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chalets in 1650

Thanks for the info. It is reassuring to know people have nice things to say about Le Ski. I got a really good feeling from their service when booking and every time i have contacted them since. We are getting very excited, just wish the snow would start to fall.

Take care

Angela

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chalets in 1650

Le Ski is a fantastic company, many could learn from their service

I'll be there on Sunday... Yippeeeee!!!!!!!

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chalets in 1650

Le Ski is a fantastic company, many could learn from their service

I'll be there on Sunday... Yippeeeee!!!!!!!