We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marbella
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

Hello to all trip advisors:

I am planning a one-week-skiing trip with my daughter ( 25 years) from dec 16-23. We will fly to Geneve and are planning to stay in the area of Chamonix- Megeve. Having booked only the flights but not the hotel, I was quite surprised that a lot of hotels are not yet open for the winter season. Can anybody help with a quick and useful idea? thanks so much and kind regards from southern spain!

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

The lifts in Chamonix do not fully open until 23rd Dec. There will be, snow permitting and there isn't yet, 3 lifts open on Les Grands Montets. It is great skiing but will get boring after a few days.

Not sure about Megeve.

If you want definate skiing, all the lifts open, you will need to go to Tignes/Val Desire, Zermatt or Saas Fee.

Chislehurst, Kent
Level Contributor
3 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

Hi there

Can I suggest an apartment for the week - much cheaper, and more space for the two of you. We have spent the last four years spending thousands of pounds staying in the many upmarket hotels in Megeve, but then realised for a fraction of the price you could rent apartments or chalets.

We use an agency called BOAN in Megeve and have stayed in a development called Riante Colline - good value and close to town centre.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

Mike

The snow has/is arriving in Chamonix.

I would agree that an appartment is generally more cost efficient.

Eating out in Chamonix is not that expensive (if cost is an issue) and it is even cheaper in Argentiere.

Try Agence grand Roc for Argentiere. www.grand-roc.com.

They have piste side appartments for rent.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

Hi, was in Argentiere on Monday and it snowed an amazing amount. It was beautiful - but only one restaurant open. I think it will all start this weekend with the lifts opening? Hope to be out again in a week or so.

UK
Level Contributor
34 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

I have booked through interhome for apartments in the past- all have been pretty good It is much more cost effective. Clos du Savoy apartments are at the bottom of the Savoy slope- about the only apartments in Chamonix next to a lift. I would recommend them. Also have a look at chamflat.com- that is an apartment in the very block.

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

It's a good time to go this year, there are some excellent early offers on ski passes at the moment and the snow is fantastic!

chamonixchalet.info/chamonix-news/…

7. Re: Looking for a nice charming accomodation near ski

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 15, 2009