We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chamonix Night Train, Please Help! Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Topic
Chamonix Night Train, Please Help! Thanks!

Hello All,

I would like to take a daily night train from Paris to Annecy

(Paris Austerlitz to Annecy 22:25-06:24 on 20th Dec 2006) & from Chamonix back to Paris (Chomonix to Paris Austerlitz 20:09-06:20 on 23 Dec 2006)

However, when I access the sncf.com, it shows the trains only run before 10/12/2006. And when I check the time above, it said there is no trains run. Will there be any problems?

Aren't they daily trains? Should I wait for another few weeks to see whether it has released the timetable?

Thanks very much for your help !!!

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chamonix Night Train, Please Help! Thanks!

I think you *should* be able to book up to 90 days ahead on the SNCF site, so I'm not sure why you are having this problem. Perhaps these night trains do not run in the winter?

If you check this page you will find a phone number for SNCF's English-speaking reservations agents who should be able to help: http://tinyurl.com/fq89s

Or you could try www.raileurope.co.uk

You do know that you can take a direct TGV to Annecy from Paris (Gare de Lyon) in about 3.5 hours, yes?

2. Re: Chamonix Night Train, Please Help! Thanks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 21, 2009