We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bath with a view

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
149 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Bath with a view

Can anyone recommend a bath with a view in Chamonix. I would like to be sat in it looking at a mountain range with a glass of champagne!

Im guessing chamonix is very similar to Queenstown in New Zealand. In essence we are trying to recreate that experience in Europe.

We have three nights.

Is it possible to do the following if we fly into geneva then shuttle to chamonix fly out sunday evening

Grand Balcon Nord Walk

Aiguille du nord & mt blanc walk

Vallee de Bernard

Massage

Parasail.

Thank you in Advance.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
242 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bath with a view

We have booked a one night stay during the first week in October at Les Chalets de Phillippe in Chamonix. Each suite is a little chalet with a terrace and hot tub, promising a view of Mont Blanc. Hope this helps.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bath with a view

All depends on which month you are coming.

Massage OK

The rest will depend , to a degree, on lifts being open

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bath with a view

Assuming it's summer and all lifts are open, that's a full schedule but a nice one!

Grand Balcon Nord Walk -

I would allow a day for this, and combine it with the Midi and Montenvers

I went into this in some detail here, so this would probably be useful info:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187261-i1053-k6…

'Aiguille du nord & mt blanc walk'

I am guessing that you mean the Aiguille du Midi here? There aren't any walks from there (without getting into serious mountaineering territory from the moment you step off the platform). If you mean a walk with views of Mont Blanc, the Grand Balcon Sud is superb and I'd recommend it highly.

'Vallee de Bernard'

Do you mean the Vallon de Berard? This is very nice but with three days I don't know if it would be top of my list.

Massage

No probs as it's possible in the evening.

Parasail.

A tandem parapente is a brilliant thing to do and I would highly recommend it! It doesn't have to take that long, so if you go in the morning, you could plan to go up the Vallon de Berard afterwards. It's an out and back walk so you could just do as much as you can, and turn if you run out of time.

Edited: 9:15 am, August 24, 2013
London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bath with a view

Oh and baths I can't help you with but you shouldn't have any trouble finding somewhere with a hot tub that has a Mont Blanc view :)

And finally, I recommend Sean at http://www.fly-chamonix.com/ for parapente.

Edited: 9:18 am, August 24, 2013
Sydney
Level Contributor
149 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bath with a view

So walking

The best walks :

Thursday: Midday -Afternoon: Lac Blanc.

Friday: Grand balcon North-monteneurvs.

Saturday: Grand Balcon South

Sunday: 9am to 5pm?

We fly into geneva. but stay in chamonix. Will we need to hire a car to get to the start of these walks?

We come mid september.

Sydney
Level Contributor
149 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bath with a view

is there any walks from chamonix where you dont need a lift short walks for evenings?

Sydney
Level Contributor
149 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bath with a view

definately want to do the best walks available in my short time 3 nights four days

8. Re: Bath with a view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 27, 2014