We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage allowed on Chamexpress

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage allowed on Chamexpress

The web site says each passenger is allowed 2 pieces of luggage yet when I try to book for myself and my husband, it only allows us 2 pieces total. Does anyone have experience traveling on Chamexpress and their luggage allowance?

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,226 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage allowed on Chamexpress

This is taken directly from the Chamexpress Terms and Conditions

"8.Luggage is limited to 2 average sized items per person, which includes a ski/board. Chamexpress.com must be notified in advance by email or telephone of luggage which exceeds this amount, including the bringing of a bike bag/box. Chamexpress.com reserve the right to require you to purchase an additional seat, and therefore additional luggage allowance should you wish to carry additional luggage. It is the responsibility of the client to notify Chamexpress.com in good time so that arrangements for excess luggage can be made. This may not be possible at short notice as seat availability , and therefore extra luggage allowance, may not be available. In this event, Chamexpress.com reserve the right to refuse to transport this excess luggage, despite being notified in advance. Chamexpress.com reserve the right to refuse to carry any excess luggage of which they have not been notified of. In either event, the client is responsible for arranging the transportation of their additional luggage and Chamexpress.com cannot be held liable for any additional cost associated with this."

When I have had a suitcase I have always had a carry on with my PC etc but I only book one item of luggage.

If you are having difficulties with their website why not contact them directly ?

info@chamexpress.com

I have never had a problem with and only ever found them helpful and have travelled with them at least 20 times.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
5,004 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage allowed on Chamexpress

In 8 years of operating transfers out of Geneva airport I have never known anyone to have too much luggage. It can be pretty close sometimes though. However, this year the French police have been checking vehicle weights at the border so I imagine that all of the transfer companies will have limits on what passengers can carry as it isn't fair on the operators.

Les Houches, France
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage allowed on Chamexpress

Hi Chen80,

We do not operate lugagge restrictions during the summer months. (though obviously we ask people to be sensible - no surf boards! etc). So as redzed1 says above, 2 bags each is fine.

Any other questions, please feel free to drop us an email.

Best regards.

Chamexpress.com

4. Re: Luggage allowed on Chamexpress

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 11, 2014