We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June in Chamonix

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
June in Chamonix

5 friends and I are looking at going for a weeks chalet holiday with Alpine Elements in early June.

Firstly does anyone have an experience of holidays and excursions with Alpine Elements or recommendations of other companies I should be looking at also?

Secondly, I was wondering what the nightlife would be like during the summer? Will all places be open and how busy can we expect it to be? I have been during the ski season and am just wondering how similar or otherwise it will be from winter?

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June in Chamonix

You don't say when in June but after the middle of June everything will be open.

Shops , restaurants, bars etc.

All the major lifts should be operating.

Early June it might be a little bit limited but in Chamonix most things will be open

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
25 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: June in Chamonix

Unfortunately it is early June we were looking at going. How busy can we expect the resort to be or will it still be fairly quiet?

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June in Chamonix

Fairly quiet but most things should be open.

It is a nice time to be here , no rushing around and there should still be plenty of snow high up.

Reading
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: June in Chamonix

Hi redzed

we are also looking at early June (9-16) and see that many of the lifts are still shut at that time. Is there access to a decent number of walking routes that early in the summer season? We're not hardcore hikers but like a good few hours walking up in the mountains rather than in the valley.

Any insight you can give would be appreciated.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: June in Chamonix

Yes there might still be snow high up, and I would stay off it, but the trails without snow will be fine. Buy a walking guide from one of the bookshops

6. Re: June in Chamonix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 pm, June 18, 2013