We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Istanbul, Turkey
1 post
Save Topic
Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

I wanted to share our experience with Chamexpress: the drivers are rude and unfriendly. No attention to customer satisfaction whatsoever.

We booked through internet and got 3 confirmations emails. One of them stated the pickup time as 9:00 AM. We were ready at 8:45 and yelled at by the driver saying that we should be ready at 8:30. One of the emails (the one that is the ticket) stated more clearly the pickuptime. Our fault was not to check all three emails but I do not think we deserved such rudeness.

We started our trip and find out that the baby seat was not fixed to the shuttle. When we mentionned that to the driver, the reply was that it is not the responsibility of the company. Imagine attaching the baby seat that you are unfamiliar with while the shutlle is moving. The directions were printed on the baby seat but were not easy to read (worned out)..

Another point is if you travel with a baby make sure to select the baby seat option, the fact that one of the passenger is a baby do not ensure that there is a baby seat ready for you. Furthermore, if you decide not to use the service because the baby seat is not available it is not transfereable to another date.

To make the story short, we had a very unpleasant experience with chamexpress and heard similar dissatisfaction from others.

Cheers...

31. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:09 am, September 25, 2012
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

As I have been involved in the airport transfer industry in the Chamonix valley for the last 7 years I can honestly say that most of the companies are licensed and insured correctly. So not only ChamExpress are licensed.

I put together a comprehensive list of all the licensed transfer companies in the Chamonix Valley who operate their own transfers here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187261-i1053-k5…

33. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:04 am, September 25, 2012
Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
457 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

I wasn't having a dig. That is another problem with the internet, the inability to express emotions in text. If I had used exclamation marks etc then it might have looked the way you are suggesting.

Cham Express are a great company. They have found their own particular niche in the transfer market in Geneva Airport. But I don't want other people to read your comment and think "Other transfer companies aren't licenced! I'd better book with ChamExpress then."

Of course there are unscrupulous companies in Chamonix. That is why I only list the companies with transport licences and their own vehicles.

Take note of my location, name and avatar and you'll quickly realise I have nothing to do with Chamonix. In fact I operate nearly 1000km away!

35. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

Removed on: 9:21 am, January 27, 2013
birmingham uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

I have used Chamexpress many times over the years and always found them reliable.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

We have just used ChamExpress with a very mixed experience. GVA to Chamonix was smooth even though delayed as driver had to put chains on - no complaints there! But yesterday we were booked on the 7.30 bus from Chamonix which advertises that is the time it leaves the Chamonix valley. So our contract ticket said we were to be ready for pickup anytime bw 6.55 and 7.25am. No problem there and we were picked up at 7.05. So far so good. Then another pickup. And then a pickup in the far outskirts of les Houches which took ages to get to and then the passenger was a no show but in the meantime we lost half an hour. We left les houches 7.55am and then another pick up in st gervais and we arrived at GVA at 9.25am. We only made our 10.15am flight with 1 minute to spare. We were connecting to Tokyo and then sydney so it would have been a disaster if we'd missed the GVA to LHR flt. The website/ ticketing online system says to allow 2 hrs and 20 minutes from the scheduled departure time (7.30am) to allow leeway for traffic etc. We had 2 hrs and 45mins from scheduled departure 7.30am until our 10.15 flight. ChamExpress allows 35 mins for pickups but in our case pickups took an hour or more, causing us to almost miss our flights. This is poor scheduling by ChamExpress - they need to allow more time for far flung pickups. And Our driver could not ring the no show as he didn't have his number so we had the extra delay of him calling the office who tried to contact the passenger. One lady on our bus missed her flight but luckily she was only going to London and not Sydney via Tokyo and London like us. This was a very disappointing experience and caused us a great deal of anxiety as to whether we would make our flight.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

If you check with any airline they advise to be at the airport 2 hours before your scheduled take off. So leving at 07:30 would be pushing it a little.

I used to work for a major airline and I always try to arrive at the airport 2 hours before my flight.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
39. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

Hi all,

Would just like to give a word of warning, do not use this company as they simply do not care about customer service.

We had an issue when we arrived and I reported this through numerous of phone calls and leaving messages. I was ignored and the staff eventually stopped answering the phone to me. They had our money and did not care. As I was so furious with being ignored I wrote a complaint email which 4 days later I still heard nothing back to. I followed up this email with another and I was told someone would be in touch. Which they were not! This is the 21st century, you cannot treat paying customers like that.

They then waited until we due to go home came to pick us up but told us they were not going to bring us to the airport and aggressively bullied their way out of the situation. Imagine not getting back to a customer all week then using the tactics that we'll ambush her on her way home when she has no other choice but to get back to the airport to get what they want. I was horrified by these nasty tactics from a 'Cham' of a company.

The staff and management are aggressive and the company is badly organized and it shows with the disorganization of the front line staff. We were also a large group and it was not only I that had a bad experience. Moral of the story is I wish I did my research and used someone else!

40. Re: Chamexpress customer dissatisfaction

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 21, 2014