We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris to Chamonix

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
naxxar
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paris to Chamonix

How long does it take by train from Paris to Chamonix please ??

Also how much and do you know what time it leaves Paris . As we should be arriving at about noon on Saturday 27th March

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris to Chamonix

All the info I gave you on your other post re Chamonix to Paris pretty much applies but in reverse of course. If your second post means that you are thinking of making a day trip from Paris to Chamonix this is essentially an impossibility. It would take you at least 5-6 hours each way by train.

I suppose you might be able to get to Chamonix from Paris in time for a quick lunch before turning round to come back...

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris to Chamonix

FWIW the first train from Paris to Chamonix on 27 March departs Paris at 09:10 arriving Chamonix at 15:12 with a 20 minute connection in St. Gervais. You might be able to get there an hour or so earlier if you travel via Geneva.

naxxar
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris to Chamonix

Dear Irish Rover

Thank you so much for your invaluable help !! Since we will be 5 adults the

cost of the train is a bit much .......... so have decided to rent a car and drive.

Someone had given me a link to rent a car ..... or fly down but I think I deleted it by mistake !!!

RowRow06

4. Re: Paris to Chamonix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 12, 2010