We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel and hikes?

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
hotel and hikes?

I am traveling with my 11 year old daughter and we are looking for a hotel in Chamonix for a one night stay. Is there something special- not crazy priced, but nice- that anyone can recommend?

Also, does anyone know about organized hikes for families in the area?

And if we only have time for one of the gondolas or trams, which one should it be? This trip is coming up in mid august so I realize I need to make reservations.

Thanks!

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,016 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel and hikes?

Not sure about hotels in Chamonix but the Best Western ones look great and certainly one has a pool.

If you only have time for one lift it has to be the Aguile du Midi.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel and hikes?

thanks- that was what I thought on the lift! We may have time for more but I am not sure.

I found a hotel called the Faucigny that looks good and they a room- but I will look at the best western with a pool, too.

Thank you very much!

3. Re: hotel and hikes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, January 20, 2010