We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski virgins in chamonix

sheffield
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ski virgins in chamonix

My husband, myself and our 5 year old son have the chance of renting an apartment in Chamonix in December 2009. We have never been before and from the web pages I've visited it seems like it's not such a good place for beginners. My husband wants to try boarding. Should we take the offer of the apartment or should we go to another resort which is easier for beginners? Also should we take some lessons beforehand?

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ski virgins in chamonix

chamonix is good for virgins there are a few beginners runs .. though there arnt as many as other resorts .. pay for tuition for 2 days i really recommend you do this as teaching yourself will slow you up and will ruin your experience . 2days training is all you need then explore the many greens and blues ... good luck and have a wonderfull time , baz

sheffield
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ski virgins in chamonix

Thanks Baz. We're thinking of going to Xscape to get a few lessons before we go but would you recommend taking private lessons in Chamonix or would the schools suffice.

The co. who rents out the apartment recommend Ecole de ski de Chamonix (ESF)for lessons and Ski Set for ski rentals. Does anyone know if these are reasonable? I've read somewhere on the net that if you go between 6 and 20 Dec you get half price early bird offer (or something to that effect) but I can't remember where I saw it.

Also which ski passes will we need (we may only have 4 or 5 nights)

Any advice would be greatl appreciated.

3. Re: ski virgins in chamonix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 16, 2009