We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

Which Chamonix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

I'm about to book a trip with Alpine Elements for Jan 2009. There's a group of 9 of us all planning to go to The Hotel Boules Des Neiges. Slightly concerned as I cannot find any reviews about this hotel whatso ever. I've read so many terrible reviews about Alpine Elements and I've just found out that this hotel is owned by them.

Has anyone stayed there and had a decent experience with Alpine Elements in Chamonix. have to admit though the prices look almost too good to be true.

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

I don't know much about AE but the Boule de Neige looks very nice and is in a good spot. What the rooms are like, I don't know, but the public bits are very pleasant. I've had a couple of drinks in there and the food looked nice.

Chamonix, France
Level Contributor
115 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

Boule de Neige used to be a very basic little french hotel, but was completely renovated by Alpine Elements last year. If the public areas are anything to go by, then the room will be good, though I can't imagine them being huge as it is a small building and the old rooms were fairly small. It has a good central location close to the Savoy ski area. I think for the mney it would be a good bet.

Brentford
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

Hi There

Yep Ive stayed at the Hotel Boule de neiges, run by Pete and its a brilliant little place. True some of the rooms are a bit small but the bar and restaurant are excellent and it is only a short walk to the ski slopes.

As i say - the management are a great bunch, very attentive and the place is always very clean, super friendly - and the atmosphere is really good. Great decor too! Where did you get that Grand father clock from?!?!

I would deffo recommend it for overall value and good food.

I must say that Alpine Elements seem fine to me, not had a problem with them. Invoicing can be slow, but other than that fine.

Hertfordshire
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

I hope its going to be a good hotel we are staying Feb Half Term last minute booking, As far as Alpine Elements are concerned we had a fab experince with them last year, we stayed in Chalet Well In Morzine no complaints at all there was 18 of us who are fussy folk....

south england
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

Good, friendly, little hotel in walking/staggering distance of nightlife, restaurants and slopes. What's not to like?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

Dreadful hotel. VERY small rooms, you can't swing a cat in. The brochure makes it sound like a swish boutique type hotel. IT IS NOT!!! Yes, the staff are good and the bar is OK, but it is nothing like the brochure description. Rooms are generally dirty, there was more dust on the floor than I have seen anywhere and having to use just one towel all week on an activity week was gross. The hotels own notice board states that rooms will be serviced daily, twaddle! We had our bin emptied twice in a week and that was it.

Steer clear until Alpine Elements gets its accomodation more together. We had a similar experience in Les Gets.

7. Re: Hotel Boules Des Neiges, Chamonix & Alpine Elements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 07, 2010