We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting the most out of Chamonix in just two ski days!

Harrogate, England
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting the most out of Chamonix in just two ski days!

Hi.

I'm thinking of taking my husband to Chamonix for a midweek break for his 'significant birthday' in January and am looking for advice on the best places to ski, bearing in mind that we'll probably only have two full days of skiing.

We're up for skiing for most of the day, although he can ski blacks comfortably, whereas I'm probably happier on blues (although have done some US black runs).

Any recommendations welcome.

Many thanks.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting the most out of Chamonix in just two ski days!

Best bet is Brevente and Flegere areas. There is a new lift to the Brevente mid-station for next winter which should aleviate any queues. Not that you will get them in mid-Jan as this is low ski season.

However, all that said the best skiing is Les Grand Montets in Argentiere. This is just awesome. It is predominately off-piste and what blues there are are like reds anywhere else. If you do decide to ski here then i would recommend you stay in Argentiere as it is only a walk to the lifts.

2. Re: Getting the most out of Chamonix in just two ski days!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, October 03, 2009