We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food and Accomodation at Flaine Forum

cky
london
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Food and Accomodation at Flaine Forum

Hi this will be my first time skiing and was told to go to flaine as there will be snow in march. I was planning on staying in Forum, can anyone advise on whether the apartments are decent? This is for 2 ppl or whether i should stay in a hotel obviously which is more expensive. And how expensive is food if i went for self catered, would half/full board be more worth it, this is for 7 days.

And also should i book from agencies directly or any websites you can advise on? And when best to book if sales happen.

Thanks

Carrickfergus...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food and Accomodation at Flaine Forum

Hi, we have travelled to Flaine 6 or 7 times to both hotels and apartments and a spectacular chalet once- because it was handy for us and we knew the set up for our 3 small kids. However it has been getting more expensive to self cater and eat out and we have finally concluded we have actually spent less on the full board hotel trips than the apartment ones. The aprtment blocks vary quite a lot in size and decor, expect them to be small and functional!! You can check them out on the net first if you get their names. There is a spar shop but food is quite expensive with a cooked chicken being £8. A Hugh Fearnley-Whittinstall one perhaps!! Since you are two adults I think a hotel may be better value, look at their web pictures. Flaine is a great spot for door step skiing with a good snow record, just don't expect a quaint snowy village these are cubed concrete buildings built their to take advantage of a great snow area. Would recommend the International ski school and if you can manage it you will progress far faster if the two of you share a private lesson instead of or as well as group lesons. Flaine has its own website and webcam too to give you a better look. Hope this helps.

2. Re: Food and Accomodation at Flaine Forum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 16, 2009