We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Levert Hotel

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Levert Hotel

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at this hotel. I have struggled to find any feedback on this hotel. Any information that anyone could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Levert Hotel

Are you sure it is Levert not LA Verte ?

If the latter I stayed there 20 years ago and it was cheap and rustic.

But clean and OK.

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Levert Hotel

Probably not much feedback around because it's very new, it was converted from an old hotel at the Gaillands into a new, smart place, maybe eighteen months ago?

I've heard very good things about it, quite hip, dj nights etc. Nice crowd. There's not much down there, so they put plenty on themselves.

I guess you've seen their site

http://www.leverthotel.com/

The only caveat is that it's a long way from any lifts etc, and from town. They may well run a minibus because of this though - might be worth checking?

Sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Levert Hotel

Thanks Redzed, it definately was the former.

Thanks also Firebug. I appreciate the feedback! It's always hard trying to find reviews on "new" places.

Sydney
Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Levert Hotel

Hi

my name is sean and i am a sydney based owner of the levert hotel in Chamonix France.

I would be happy to provide you with some details from the hotel..It is situated 800m from the Cham central, between the Les Houches and Brevont lifts.

Many of the locals use our bar voted locally as the best bar in chamonix for 2006 and 2007. accordingly it is a great place to meet locals and in season we have a solid following from UK based tourists so you can be assured that it can and is a lot of fun at night.

We are all bilingual so you will find Levert a great place if you do not speak french.

Our hotel is where the riders hang out, we are a hotel for riders by riders with our own pro shop we have everything you will need for a great alpine holiday.

Good luck with your holiday.

Peace

sean

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
78 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Levert Hotel

Sean, how do people normally get from your hotel to the lifts? Is a car needed, you run buses or are the chamonix buses the only way if you don't have a car? ALso do you run a shuttle into Chamonix during the day or evening time?

London
Level Contributor
601 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Levert Hotel

I know many locals who really love it and it continues to have an excellent reputation as a rider's hang-out. I would definitely recommend it.

It's not 800m from Chamonix central though - it's about twice that even to Chamonix-Sud. I've walked it a few times in summer, and just checked the distances on google maps (unfortunately I can't seem to link to this, but if you google for "Hotel Le Vert. 964 route des gaillands. 74400 Chamonix " you'll find it)

The ski bus does pass it, and I think it may not be too far to the train at Les Pelerins, so I wouldn't be put off by the distance. I think the regular night bus goes down that way too.

7. Re: Levert Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 17, 2009