We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book Chamonix to Courmayeur by Cable Car

N Y
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
How to book Chamonix to Courmayeur by Cable Car

How do you book Chamonix to Courmayeur by cable car online?

Have tried on the https://www.montblancnaturalresort.com/en/ website but can only see how to book up to Aguile Du Midi (1 day multipass for 63 Euro). This does not include getting across to Helbronner or down to Courmayeur and can see nothing on internet about how to do this.

Mentioned in this post
Chamonix
Chamonix
Haute-Savoie, France
Courmayeur
Courmayeur
Valle d'Aosta, Italy
2 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
8,424 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to book Chamonix to Courmayeur by Cable Car

Pay at the kiosk - and again at Hellbronner if I remember rightly.

Remember that the trip is only worth the money if the weather is clear so you wouldn't want to reserve it anyway, and they don't operate across the top if the wind is too high.

Personally, I wouldn't go right through to "Courmayeur" (the base station is a good way from the town) again, it is the trip across the top that is worth the money.

Mentioned in this post
Courmayeur
Courmayeur
Valle d'Aosta, Italy
reading
Destination Expert
for Chamonix
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to book Chamonix to Courmayeur by Cable Car

I agree with becasse.

You cannot book for the Mont Blanc Panoramic (Helbrunner) but you do pay at the kiosk at the Aguille du Midi 29 euros round trip. This is a series of small cabins , my opinion is maximum of 2 adults per bubble, and it takes roughly an hour round trip. But spend some time in the top station at the Italian end it is fantastic.

I think going into Courmeyeur is not really worth the effort but it is up to you.

Mentioned in this post
Mont Blanc
Mont Blanc
1,260 Reviews
Chamonix, France
Reply to: How to book Chamonix to Courmayeur by Cable Car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted