We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annecy or Evian?

Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Annecy or Evian?

Can anyone advise me which to visit - we are planning to drive down in August and camp with our bikes and do some rides etc. Looking for some nightlife too! Any thoughts on which we'd like best (we're a 'youngish' couple, well 30ish!) and any good campsites? Thanks!

Fitzgerald Club
Cabarets, Bars & Clubs
Le Bowl
Bars & Clubs, Bowling Alleys, Dance Clubs & Discos
Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Annecy or Evian?

I have been to both Evian and Annecy. They are both very pretty towns in different ways. Evian is very up market - there is a mega swimming pool (olympic size) right on the lake set in beautiful manicured gardens. Its very reasonably priced (entrance fee) and you could almost spend the day there. When I stayed there I wasn't looking for night life so I can't comment on this area. However, there are some great bikes trails up in the moutains behind Evian with some stunning scenery. Evian is a lovely place and I don't think you will be disappointed. Annecy is again very very pretty but would tend to be a busier town. It really depends on what you are looking for but I don't think you would be disappointed with either. Hope this helps.

2. Re: Annecy or Evian?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Annecy