We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Annecy and around worth a trip?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Annecy and around worth a trip?

I will be travelling from Paris to Switzerland in early October. I will be spending 7 nights in Switzerland and I think that will be enough.

I have a spare day. I was thinking of going to Annecy before going to Switzerland. The fare is cheaper and the train will get me in Annecy by 1pm. I can spend rest of my afternoon there. On the following day, I will have a few options:

1. Get a bus to Geneva and continue my journey in Switzerland

2. Get a bus to Yvoire, visit the beautiful looking town and catch the boat across to Nyon

3. Hire a car, drive to Chambery or Chamonix (and maybe to Yvoire), drop it on the french side of the border and go to Geneva on the next available public transport.

Which of these options should I take or can you suggest another better option?

1. Re: Is Annecy and around worth a trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 03, 2014