We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Language Course in Annecy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
French Language Course in Annecy

I've Googled and found that their are a few different companies who conduct French language courses in Annecy. I'm planning a 4 week intensive course, am female and will be 60 by the time I go...mind you I'm a very young at heard 59 year old...even if I do say so myself. I plan to apply for homestay which all these companies offer. Does anyone have any suggestions based on experience? I see the photos all promote younger students although one company does offer an 'Over 50 Club' but that would be based in Nice. I'd very much liker to stay in Annecy. Any ideas?

La Vieille Ville
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Le Semnoz
Mountains, Hiking Trails
Gorges du Fier
Nature & Wildlife Areas
London
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: French Language Course in Annecy

I once did a one week course, in Annecy, to brush up on conversation (I'm not a beginner).

I didnt need anywhere to stay, and because I was fairly good at French, my particular class was mainly a group of French teachers from Iraq who'd never left Iraq before. They were very nice, and it was fine for me because I was there merely to refresh my language, but if I'd been aiming to have a social side to the course too, I might have felt left out. The other proficiency groups were indeed mainly young people, although everyone was very friendly, as mainly people do go on their own.

It was in August, which is a good time in Annecy because there are things going on eg a fireworks display.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Language Course in Annecy

Thanks K8387

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Language Course in Annecy

Sorry I meant also to say that it sounds like the Nice course might be the go then. Even though I loved Nice when I was there in 2011 I was hoping to actually stay in Annecy. Might just have to go there as a special trip after the course. Thanks again

Moncton
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French Language Course in Annecy

I've enrolled with Centre International D'Antibes for their 50+ program for 2 weeks in May. I wanted to combine learning with vacation and this program is perfect for that. You spend 1/2 day in class and the other 1/2 day is an excursion to a nearby town (Nice, Cannes, Monaco). We also visit a winery, a perfumery, do a French cooking class and other activities. I can't wait. I just turned 51 and am looking forward to meeting others and learning with them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French Language Course in Annecy

Thanks Diane. Yes, I'm thinking that may be the way to go for me too.

Betty

San Diego...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: French Language Course in Annecy

Hi - I was wondering if you could tell me how the course in Antibes worked out for you? I am considering it for next summer for myself and my teenage daughter. Thanks!

7. Re: French Language Course in Annecy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 06, 2014