We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming to Annecy from Nice

Which Annecy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
982 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Coming to Annecy from Nice

I am considering visiting Annecy after my time in Nice. I know I could easily fly to Geneva from Nice and get to Annecy from that point but I would like to know if train travel is an option and if so would it be recommended? The duration of the ride is not an issue, but if it is a very scenic route I would definitely consider the train over flying.

This will be in late July and of course I will take in Mont Blanc. I would like know if there are any other activities that would be recommended as the landscape looks beautiful.

Thank you.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,397 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Coming to Annecy from Nice

Vert et Blanc is on the quieter of the two roads to Les Praz from Chamonix. This road is currently badly surfaced so unless it is resurfaced before you come you might experience some road noise.

It is a 10 minute walk to Chamonix centre, and one of the bus routes passes by on the road mentioned above (Route des Praz).

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
982 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Coming to Annecy from Nice

Thanks for that info BiarritzTaxi. I have decided to book Vert et Blanc for 6 nights to give me 5 full days in Chamonix. I want to do some small side trips out of Chamonix while I am there so I think 5 days will allow me to do that.

Annecy, France
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Coming to Annecy from Nice

I live in Annecy and I recommand you to rent a car to visit the region.

You can arrived by plane (Easyjet) or train (voyages SNCF - Annecy station). Then, take the bus or rent a car in french sector of geneva airport (www.gva.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-60/)

The area is beautiful, there is some bus but it will be easier by car. In summer you can go to the beach of the lake of Annecy, walk on the mountains like Les Aravis (Grand Bornand, La Clusaz), visit : Geneva (30min by motorway : 6€), lake of Geneva (Yvoires, Evian, ...), old Annecy, Chamonix, landscape, ... You can visit : http://www.savoie-mont-blanc.com/tourist-offices/~~/drilldown-21-2.html

Have a nice trip !

14. Re: Coming to Annecy from Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, June 05, 2013