We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go after Annecy?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go after Annecy?

My husband and I are going to Annecy from Paris next month for two nights and would like to also go somewhere else nearby for another two nights before heading back to Paris. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

Head for Beaune or Dijon in the Burgundy region which is on your route back to Paris. Beaune is about a 2-1/2 hour drive from Annecy by autoroute.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

Not Lyon? Thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,844 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

Never been to Lyon but I know it's supposed to be nice so if that's what you like then nothing wrong with that.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

Thanks for your help. There are just too many beautiful places in France, which makes it incredibly hard to decide where to go. I really think any place would be a great choice.

Biarritz, France
Destination Expert
for Biarritz, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

How about Geneva? It's in Switzerland but only a minor detour on the road back to Paris.

London
Level Contributor
177 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

I would definitely go for Lyon - restaurants, sightseeing and really lively. Then a very fast tgv back to Paris from there.

new jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

Chamonix. Near by to Annecy, the most spectacular mountains in Western Europe

new jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

Beaune is beautiful. Definetely for the fine wine and food lover.

9. Re: Where to go after Annecy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 20, 2012