We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Market on May Day

Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Market on May Day

One of the highlights of our short stay in st. Remy de Provence in May 2013 was to have been the market on Wednesday. I now see that May 1st is a Wednesday. I'm sure that there will be no market. Can anyone confirm? I've searched lots of St. Remy sites to no avail.

Vaison-la-Romaine...
Level Contributor
230 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Market on May Day

I have never seen a market not taking place in Provence, never mind what kind of public holiday - Christmas being an exception....

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,375 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Market on May Day

Nothing stops the Provencal market!....except Pere Noel...

Maine
Level Contributor
723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Market on May Day

Hi, If you are staying in St Remy you can email your hotel and get an immediate response.

Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Market on May Day

I will check on the market on May 1st. Since it is a special bank holiday.

It happens sometimes that the market doesnt take place but i's more when we have the feria with the fun fair taking the space

Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Market on May Day

Thank you so much for thinking of this. I had tried all the normal lines of inquiry before posting on here. At last, heard from a kind soul at Office de Tourisme. There is, in fact, a brocante market and a parade in St. Remy on May Day. Also, the regular Wednesday market will take place on May 2. So - two good days, sans voiture! Encore- merci.

Provence
Level Contributor
811 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Market on May Day

Glad you got the answer.

enjoy your stay with us. Sure you will enjoy it.....

UK
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Market on May Day

last time I was in St Remy I did indeed miss the market because of the feria, but that was in September.

8. Re: Market on May Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saint-Remy-de-Provence