We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

Ottawa
Level Contributor
149 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

Hi

I have booked us for 6 nights in Bonnieux end of May. Now I wonder if we should do 2 nights in St. Remy so we can see that and Baux, then move on to the other place for 4 nights. Maybe the hassle of moving is not worth the moving around, and we can drive back there. Any thoughts please.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,179 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

<<AlpillesGal will bear out that I can on occasion drink my companions AND myself under the table . . .>>

:-) Good one, CC!

Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

CC, In all honesty, I can't remember .... (HA..HA !!! ...)

In all honesty, while we love the Luberon, we do not think of it as being a "well-centered base," for exploring all of Western Provence.

Instead, we consider it to be a destination that we can easily visit as a day-trip from our base that is somewhat to the South and has really good/easy access to major highways.

What we do is: choose a primary destination daily, go there via the most direct route and spend the morning exploring the area/site. We then, enjoy our main meal mid-day mid-day meal at a local restaurant that is highly-regarded, and then wend our way back to our base vis super-scenic roiutes (highlighted in green in the Michelin maps).

In the evening - back at the house, we generally enjoy a salad, some charcuterie, fruit and cheese, and some of the wonderful local wine(s), as we make our plans for the following day.

23. Re: second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014