We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

Which Saint-Remy-de-Provence hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
Level Contributor
149 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

Hi

I have booked us for 6 nights in Bonnieux end of May. Now I wonder if we should do 2 nights in St. Remy so we can see that and Baux, then move on to the other place for 4 nights. Maybe the hassle of moving is not worth the moving around, and we can drive back there. Any thoughts please.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,416 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

<<AlpillesGal will bear out that I can on occasion drink my companions AND myself under the table . . .>>

:-) Good one, CC!

Destination Expert
for Provence
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

CC, In all honesty, I can't remember .... (HA..HA !!! ...)

In all honesty, while we love the Luberon, we do not think of it as being a "well-centered base," for exploring all of Western Provence.

Instead, we consider it to be a destination that we can easily visit as a day-trip from our base that is somewhat to the South and has really good/easy access to major highways.

What we do is: choose a primary destination daily, go there via the most direct route and spend the morning exploring the area/site. We then, enjoy our main meal mid-day mid-day meal at a local restaurant that is highly-regarded, and then wend our way back to our base vis super-scenic roiutes (highlighted in green in the Michelin maps).

In the evening - back at the house, we generally enjoy a salad, some charcuterie, fruit and cheese, and some of the wonderful local wine(s), as we make our plans for the following day.

23. Re: second guessing 6 nights in Luberon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 16, 2014