We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving Christmas Eve- anything open??

Brighton, Michigan
Level Contributor
80 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving Christmas Eve- anything open??

We will be arriving late in the evening on Dec. 23. Will there be any markets or grocers open on Dec. 24th to purchase food for Christmas Eve and Christmas? Will any restaurants be open these 2 days? The company we are renting our home from has offered to purchase our groceries for a fee and I am considering it. I assume we will have missed the Christmas markets, or will some of them be open Christmas Eve or even after Christmas? We are in the area until Dec. 28. Can't wait for Christmas in St. Remy!

Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving Christmas Eve- anything open??

I spend every Christmas in the Marseille area. The supermarkets are always open on Christmas Eve (they may close earlier than usual) and, certainly in my small village, the primo restaurant is always in business for a superb Christmas lunch. I'd be very surprised indeed if nowhere at all were open in a town the size of Saint Remy.

Edited: 6:11 am, November 27, 2010
Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving Christmas Eve- anything open??

I think on the 24th shops will be open. There is a huge Intermarche in SRdP: intermarche.com/magasin_infos_pratiques.aspx… Maybe you can call them to ask?

3. Re: Arriving Christmas Eve- anything open??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 29, 2011