We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gite Reviews?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gite Reviews?

I've got it narrowed down to two gites in St. Remy - and having become rather dependant on the TripAdvisor hotel reviews - I'm wondering if there's anywhere that would give me reviews of gites?

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gite Reviews?

Depends where you found them. We list on VRBO.com and there is a place for renters to place their comments. Other websites have similar areas. If I were you, I would ask the owners for references. We offer them freely. We have previous guests whom we have asked if it would be alright to give their email address to people looking for a reference on our home. We have several who do this directly with the inquirer, so you can ask whatever you want and get a direct answer - not involving the owner. We are just near Avignon, so not far from St. Remy. If you know anyone here in France, perhaps you can ask them to make a visit... I assume you have seen current photos of both rentals.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gite Reviews?

Thanks toutou! I've been looking at gites-de-france (is there some reason I shouldn't be?).

However I do need to stay in St. Remy-centrally located to climbing (or so says the boyfriend).

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gite Reviews?

Where do you plan to hike? St. Remy is closest to the Luberon region... No there is no reason why you should not search Gites de France. They have a large variety of rentals available. We chose not to list our rental with them as they have, what we feel, are unusual restrictions and inspections. It does not mean they are not reputable.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gite Reviews?

Sorry to take so long to respond.

Right now we've got guide books for climing in Buoux, Orgon and Dentelles de Montmirail. We will definitely be taking a trip up Mont Ventoux (by car!) so we can jump up and down and chant, "we were there, we were there" when it's a stage on the tour.

We actually leave two months from today so I'm beginning to get a more into the actual planning.

I've also become more aware of the upwards march of the Euro so I'm trying take that into account in my planning as well.

Thank you for your help!

Bedoin, France
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gite Reviews?

Glad to hear you will not be missing the Ventoux. I live at the foot of the Ventoux and can vouch for some exceptional hikes (not too difficult) that will take you along the foothills of the Ventoux and offer you some outstanding views .. If you have the guide books for the Ventoux, I'm sure the GR91 will be noted.

If you drive to the top, be sure to bring a jacket as it will be cold up there. Nice curvey road to the top.

Have a great time.